New build: Eko 15508 / 26.oct.2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
slimer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
DIR-320. firmware from 15280 to 15508 (http://dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD_mini_usb_ftp.bin). after flashing device doesn't mount drives, so the startup script fails. drives are mounted with this script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
mount -noatime /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /opt
swapon /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part2
mount -o bind /opt/etc/profile /etc/profile
mount -noatime /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mmc
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
jumran wrote:
Thanks for the great work Eko. Build seems to be working fine on my Asus RT-N16 and VLAN support through the GUI seems to be working fine. I was able to set port 4 on the router to VLAN 3 without using any startup commands or manual command entries.

The only issue with the build and last few (5-6 builds) is that when logging to a Remote Server is enabled and security log is enabled and set high to log all Dropped, Rejected and Accepted packets, it works fine until the router is rebooted. After the reboot, Accepted packets logs somehow automatically gets set back to disabled and accepted packets are no longer logged. Re-enabling accepted packets log works again but stops functioning after a reboot. Would be nice to have this bug fixed. I think the last build that did not have this issue was 14800 series build.

I saw that. I thought it was a fluke.

I ran across this:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/ticket/1813#comment:3

I am not using stophammer. Or at least I don't think I am. It shows not running in the "service" command.

My optware is on a usb drive. settings and file permissions on the drive do not change with a build update. After updating to this build and restoring settings via fraters restore script and a re-boot, accepted packets is disabled.

This needs further verification by others.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Frater's comments seem to be valid in my case as soon as I disable the stop hammer service and reboot the router, logging accepted packets becomes enabled again. Enabling the stophammer service stop logged packets once again.

barryware wrote:
barryware wrote:
jumran wrote:
Thanks for the great work Eko. Build seems to be working fine on my Asus RT-N16 and VLAN support through the GUI seems to be working fine. I was able to set port 4 on the router to VLAN 3 without using any startup commands or manual command entries.

The only issue with the build and last few (5-6 builds) is that when logging to a Remote Server is enabled and security log is enabled and set high to log all Dropped, Rejected and Accepted packets, it works fine until the router is rebooted. After the reboot, Accepted packets logs somehow automatically gets set back to disabled and accepted packets are no longer logged. Re-enabling accepted packets log works again but stops functioning after a reboot. Would be nice to have this bug fixed. I think the last build that did not have this issue was 14800 series build.

I saw that. I thought it was a fluke.

I ran across this:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/ticket/1813#comment:3

I am not using stophammer. Or at least I don't think I am. It shows not running in the "service" command.

My optware is on a usb drive. settings and file permissions on the drive do not change with a build update. After updating to this build and restoring settings via fraters restore script and a re-boot, accepted packets is disabled.

This needs further verification by others.

Last edited by jumran on Wed Oct 27, 2010 16:06; edited 1 time in total
RCShadows
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got my WRT310N recovered from this build. It is fairly safe to say that if you have a WRT310Nv1, load this one at your own risk. Fun, fun, testing builds lol.
earlmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, a build that works with my M20!

I'm not sure if it's the M20 or the build, but my wireless indicator is off (even though several wireless connections are active and functioning). The light for the setup button is on though.

As for VLANs, it appears that ports 1-4 are reversed (i.e. I change the VLAN for port 4 and it affects port 1).
brackb01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flash update successful, WRT610N V2. all good so far.

how does someone go about making a feature request in a build? I'd love to see NTFS Mounting built in...

Thanks

B.
kt_haddock
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
brackb01 wrote:

how does someone go about making a feature request in a build? I'd love to see NTFS Mounting built in...

Thanks

B.

Use BIG-build not MEGA.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
Flashed to my E3000(upgraded from WRT610Nv2)went OK. but something funny with ssh .cant access the router using gFTP on NokiaN810 so rollback to 15453.
got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
RCShadows wrote:
I got my WRT310N recovered from this build. It is fairly safe to say that if you have a WRT310Nv1, load this one at your own risk. Fun, fun, testing builds lol.

I'd flash but I don't have JTAG handy right now, and it's the only router in the house! Not going to risk it, right now at least. Laughing

Netgear WNDR3700 - OpenWRT Kamikaze Bleeding Edge Trunk Builds
(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6
brackb01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
KT_Haddock - I am on Big Build, but I wasnt aware it would mount NTFS - just Ext / fat....

if it does, where do I find out how?

Thanks

B.
RCShadows
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
got_milk wrote:
RCShadows wrote:

I'd flash but I don't have JTAG handy right now, and it's the only router in the house! Not going to risk it, right now at least. Laughing

I couldn't find my JTag after a move but I did find out that the WRT310Nv1 can be put into a mode to accept tftp from a post BS made with another person that had a problem. It is not just catching the ping after a boot either.

Start the ping. While holding the reset button, power-cycle the router. The power light will flash constantly and your ping should return ttl=100. In another DOS window, have your tftp command already entered and hit return. Once tftp is done, the power light will turn solid after 30-60 seconds. Do a normal 30-30-30 and you are good to go.

I did flash with the factory image before going to DD-WRT though just to be safe. It was good to find out the "real" recovery mode on the 310 Very Happy . I guess it's a normal recovery management console procedure, with the reset button thrown in that threw me. Good info for the future on these units.

Last edited by RCShadows on Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:16; edited 1 time in total
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using the big build on my E2000, VLANs work fine from the webgui, even after reboots. Thanks again Eko! Smile

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
UrbanVoyeur
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Eko

I saw where you changed the port speed label from 100Mbit to Full Speed in the 15517 build.

Do you think you could make it ready 1 GB for gig routers and 100 Mbit for the rest?

Or even better, let the user choose the locked speed from a pull down - 1000, 100, 10?

I realize I'm being picky.

got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Loaded this build on my WRT310Nv1.

Unlike poor RCShadows above, this build loaded on my unit. :roll:

A few things of note:

* VLANs do not work at all.
    Quote:
    roboswitch: Probing device eth1: found a 5395!

* When testing VLANs, I set port 4 to be the WAN port and the WAN port as a standard LAN port. However, no change was made, even after waiting 30 seconds and rebooting as a final test. When I went to reverse the changes, the router crashed upon applying the settings and rebooted.

* Upon the first reboot after flashing and applying new settings, the device appeared to be unresponsive during boot. The proper LAN lights lit up, and the internet icon was active, but the wireless icon was not and the power light was blinking. I let this sit for about 5 minutes, after which I pulled the power, and it booted normally. I've rebooted multiple times to see if it is reproducible but it appears not.

Don't have time to thoroughly test right now but I will give it a work out tomorrow morning.

Netgear WNDR3700 - OpenWRT Kamikaze Bleeding Edge Trunk Builds
(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6
Shane01638
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
kt_haddock wrote:
brackb01 wrote:

Thanks

B.

Use BIG-build not MEGA.

Is NTFS supported in K2.6 builds then?

USB powered hub
2TB WD external HDD
4GB Flash Drive
1GB OPT, 2.5GB swap, 2TB data

WRT54G Ver. 2
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/02/09) std

WRT54G Ver. 6
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) micro

ISP GCI 22m Down 2m Up 200Gb Monthly Usage Cap Crying or Very sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: