Belkin F5D7230-4 WAN regression bug

mrbrdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 0:13    Post subject: Belkin F5D7230-4 WAN regression bug Reply with quote
I have had v23 for some time (i think it was SP1 but not exactly sure). Worked fine.
Then I installed v24 (the beta recommended version). My WAN won't connect at all, no matter if I use DHCP or static IP.
I investigated a bit using telnet, and it seems none of the devices listed in ifconfig have the WAN MAC (including vlan0, vlan1...). So it seems like the new dd-wrt isn't recognizing the WAN interface correctly anymore. Other things seem to work fine. Note all the MACs were valid (same as written on a stamp on the device), but some interfaces had the same MAC... The WAN MAC was missing.
I've also tried the v24 stable version and the v23 version (no SP) but all of those had the same bug. I'm not sure exactly which version I had before but it seems like it was a v23 SP? version. I think it was even a pre-... version.
Just to be sure it's not a hardware issue I installed the original firmware from Belkin and voila, works fine. So it's a dd-wrt problem. And since it was working in older version it seems to be a regression bug.

Exact version: F5D7230-4 v1223yy
Tried mini and micro versions, same deal.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade and read the peacock topic
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: