Intel N-6300 Losing Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
whinis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:27    Post subject: Intel N-6300 Losing Internet Reply with quote
This is by far the oddest problem I have ever had. I recently Flashed my linksys e4200 with build 17201 as I felt it had reached a level of stability that would allow home usage.

However, now my laptop with an intel n-6300(windows 7 x64) randomly loses internet. When I say loses internet I mean I stay connected to the access point, can ping and navigate to the routers web gui, can access all computers on the network, however everything past the routers ( modem and internet) is disconnected from me.

The oddest part of this is that the other laptops and tablets on my network suffer no problems, and my laptop with the n-6300 in linux suffers no problems. I find it odd that it only loses connection past the router. At first I thought it to be a driver problem but the error only occurred in dd-wrt and only in windows. Also, a workaround is when this happens to disable and then reenable the wireless card.
Sponsor
Alereon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sounds like you might be experiencing the Intel driver bug described in this thread.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turn off power saving for the laptops wifi adapter.
I've seen the same symptoms on a few wifi cards from different mfgrs when they wake up after power saving.

Navigation

Jump to: