Any DD WRT firmware for Edimax BR-6315 SRG ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
SecurityFreak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:50    Post subject: Any DD WRT firmware for Edimax BR-6315 SRG ? Reply with quote
This is the router i m talking about
-> Edimax BR-6315 SRG -> http://www.edimax.co.uk/en/support_detail.php?pl1_idSelect=support.php%3Fpl1_id%3D1%26mwsp%3D1&pl1_id=1&pd_id=239&button=Go
I presune it s a Ralink based though i did not opened it and not intend yet ,beeing under warranty ,to check it out.
The problem is that the official firmware is 2 years old and crappy.

Issues :
-Though i turn off the UPNP i still get NETBIOS trafic from the router ,Outpost blocks it periodically.
-GRC test tells me that though the ports are closed :
"Several of your private names are being served up to the Internet by the Windows networking system.
While it's unlikely that this information can be exploited, you
should know what anyone can learn about you and your system."
This leak never happened with WRT 54 GL and the same software firewall and Operating system so it s router related 100% ( it s firewall and NAT are on of course).I ignored it untill now in the hope of a new firmware ,but Edimax seems to have removed support for this router.
-The user name for loging in can t be changed it s always "admin"
-The log in port is 80 and cant be changed.
-Latelly started behaving strange ,for example though i asociate LAN IP "Y" with MAC adress "X" in my LAN setings , router gives me the other LAN IP (for my other PC that has normally another MAC asociated)and the trafic is alowed.The inconveninece is that my QOS rules get now messed up ,beeing done on LAN IP-s ,bandwidth usage beeing different for the PC-s.
This filter seemed to have worked ok few weeks ago the router forcing always the LAN IP to the MAC specified.
I m starting thinking it s some "psybot" infection taking over in my router .
Strange issues started ocuring for some time and i m starting thinking this original firware became useless.
The router simply doesnt behave like it was when i bought it ,one year and a half ago.Done resets ,but after one week or 2 from the reset it starts behaving strange again with strange network browsing issues (like i was having with WRT 54 GL when the number of half open connections was wrongly set up).

So any DD WRT firmware for this crap router or i should sell it like i did with WRT 54 GL ? It s specifications looked nice ,but if the firmware gets infected or worms start populating it i dont want to keep it.And this psybot thingy is driving me crazy knowing i have a 2008 firmware in it and knwoing that Edimax firmware is not always well made exploit wise.
Thanks for your answers in anticipation.
Sponsor
SecurityFreak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 18:56    Post subject: Re: Any DD WRT firmware for Edimax BR-6315 SRG ? Reply with quote
So no support for this beautifull 8 megs of NVRAM and 32 DRAM router ? So much space for a firmware and no chance of having a DD-WRT in it ?
There is no problem if the NAS thingy doesnt work as long as the wirelss and wired funcitons work ok ,firewall restricitons and so on.Never used the USB ports and never will.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
do
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Sash for your reply.
This is what i got using the FCC ID -> Grantee Code: NDD Product Code: 9562150612 Applicant Name: Edimax

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Sum&calledFromFrame=N&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=974348&fcc_id='NDD9562150612'

Unfortunatelly i can t seem to view the files that show the internals.I don t know how or what to do to view them.I would have opened it if i wouldnt have had warranty -which expires somewhere next year in march.I will open it then not untill.

The NVRAM is 8 megs and the internal ram is 32megs if i m not mistaken ,this beeing the main reasons i bought it.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
SecurityFreak wrote:

Unfortunatelly i can t seem to view the files that show the internals.I don t know how or what to do to view them.

I could view them, the cpu (RDC) is not supported by dd-wrt.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
SecurityFreak wrote:
Thank you Sash for your reply.
This is what i got using the FCC ID -> Grantee Code: NDD Product Code: 9562150612 Applicant Name: Edimax

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Sum&calledFromFrame=N&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=974348&fcc_id='NDD9562150612'

Unfortunatelly i can t seem to view the files that show the internals.I don t know how or what to do to view them.I would have opened it if i wouldnt have had warranty -which expires somewhere next year in march.I will open it then not untill.

The NVRAM is 8 megs and the internal ram is 32megs if i m not mistaken ,this beeing the main reasons i bought it.

what i get out of the specs it has 64mb ram.
anyway we do not support this x86 compatiple cpu yet. but i think this one it interesting. so we need donated hardware for an port

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn t know it had x86 cpu Smile Any info on the frequency of the CPU or the brand ?
Did it worth the 100 dolars equivalent one year ago or i payed to much ?!
I hope someone will donate a sample for experiments so in the future to have a nice DD-WRT firmware working inside.
Anyway thank you for the replyes.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:

what i get out of the specs it has 64mb ram.
anyway we do not support this x86 compatiple cpu yet. but i think this one it interesting. so we need donated hardware for an port

It is a risc cpu in this SOC and it is running at 133MHz.

http://www.tomshw.it/guides/ictbusiness/business/20070817/images/R3210_Mbrief_20061121.pdf

You'll also have to take the switch ic into consideration, I don't think dd-wrt has support for that one either.
To me this looks very much like yesterdays technology.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looking at the specifications i see overclocking and eventually some linux on some USB HDD Smile
I m also thinking at IP Cop.
I m sure there must be some other routers based on similar CPU s out there Edimax produces OEM-s too.
It is able to keep my connection while gaming with firewall options ON better than my WRT 54 GL was able to do ,i mean it manages better the trafic and has a litle less latency that WRT 54 GL.The QOS also works though you can only set 15 rules.
The problem is that some security options are buged mostly refering to MAC<->Ip rules relationship ,the NET Bios trafic that cant be stoped and that seems to leak outside and few others.Also the inability of changing the admin ports and admin name is anoying.
To bad i dont have another one to send it and be used as lab rat.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
AR525W from Airlink101 is using the same cpu and I have seen one more router with it, don't remember which one now.
I may also have it an ADSL modem/router combo from a totally unknown Chinese mfgr in a box somewhere here, I usually get a new modem free from my ISP for every 12 month I sign up for.
I never use their give away modems but do of course pry them open to see what they contain and I have a vague memory of an RDC cpu in one of them. Very Happy

It is anyway a rarely used cpu in routers, I think it is better to spend time on the most common ones instead.
Take a look over at OpenWRT, they have done a port for the AR525W but I don't know if it is fully working or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have found this Belkin to use a RDC CPU and some Ralink chip for wireless.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16996307
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=110729

I ve also read on a uk forum ,some kind of Edimax support forum ,dont remember the name ,that some Belkin s are made by Edimax.
Is it the PCB from this Belkin ,by any chance ,similar to the Edimax i have ?

Oh ,on eBay a sample of the router i have ,goes to 140 $ ,insane price in my opinion ,so most probable no DD WRT firmware at least not for 6 months-1 year or so Smile
Anyway thanks for the feedback in this thread.
SecurityFreak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have opened this thing up as the warranty expired
I have pictures for every cip ,i can atach them.

I ll post this for eternity :

On both PCB sides we can find :

CPU -> RDC R3210-X
RAM -> 2X PSC A3V56S40ETP (2X32 megs cips i suppose)
Radio -> 2 Ralink Chips
----RT 2561ST
----RT 2527L
NVRAM chip ( i suppose) -> MX S074627 -29LV640DBTC-906
Realtek switch i think -> RTL 8305 SC

and an Atmel cip near RT 2561ST ,Atmel 804/93C66A

On the Up view there is spotable the place for a radio card slot if i m not mistaken.

Last edited by SecurityFreak on Sat Jan 22, 2011 0:18; edited 1 time in total
SecurityFreak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here are the pictures.
tl22bq
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
any news on this one i am totaly novis Embarassed on this but i have a dovado with same fcc id and looks the same. dose the Linux source codes fore the edimax helps fore any one who understand linux? mybe i can donate my dovado was also planing to donate my dovado tiny wich also probably is a edimax but i will star new post of this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: