Asus RT-N13U B1 mod (r19519)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
With months of usage without rebooting the unit the swap was always almost empty. I never got anything bigger than 300bytes. I think that the router handles all the software with the 64MB ram. If it gets full, it will not use swap at all. Try using one of my builds with a heavy dlna server like mediatomb. It will hang anyways...
Sponsor
vendlwoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
With months of usage without rebooting the unit the swap was always almost empty. I never got anything bigger than 300bytes. I think that the router handles all the software with the 64MB ram. If it gets full, it will not use swap at all. Try using one of my builds with a heavy dlna server like mediatomb. It will hang anyways...

curious! I have seen my B1 version using swap of ~3MB, I am using transmissiond, samba, and http server. Confused
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyways, the latest version has swap enabled by default
rohansftw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
anyways, the latest version has swap enabled by default

Are you talking about amitg's mod or from brainslayer FTP , cause I have been using the build 22118 and somehow I am unable to make swap work. I read online that older kernel version 2.6~ didnt have the feature whereas latest ones do but for some reason "Linux DD-WRT 3.2.48-svn22050 #369 Wed Jul 24 10:12:35 CEST 2013 mips GNU/Linux" this also doesnt seem to have the swap function on it.
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brainslayer's version. swapon command works fine.
chetan0412
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:43    Post subject: Stable version ofr RTN13U- B1 Reply with quote
Hello,

Any one can give me final stable version of framework?
chetan0412
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
no updates ?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
What framework, what updates ?
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 19:21    Post subject: Updating to a stable version Reply with quote
Short : Can you link me to the most recent stable version of dd-wrt that will run on my router? Then tell me how to update it?

Long:
I've been running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/14/11) std (SVN revision 17201) for longer than I can remember now (probably around 3 months after that release date). I got it working (a miracle with my computer aptitude) and haven't touched it since! It just works and given that getting it installed terrified me, I'm pretty content to leave it alone. Or at least I was until this past weekend. I used ssh to route all my computer internet traffic though my home router because I was in a public cafe with no wifi security and I needed to paypal my buddy some cash. It's at that point I remember all the mess about heartbleed and it got me thinking, should I update my router? Unless it's been updating itself (dd-wrt is awesome, but I don't think it's that awesome), I'm guessing I might be vulnerable.

So I hit the wiki and it points to an ftp drive that didn't help me out. The wiki points me to "ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/" which does not have any .bin files in it that I can find. It has a file that's titled "moved_to_root_dir_betas" which I'm only computer literate enough to figure means that I need to go somewhere else, I just can't figure out how to do it. It also only mentions the current version of the software I'm running as "stable". Is that still true? If there's a newer, stable version that I can/should update to and can you walk me though updating my router ELI5 style?

I'd really appreciate it!
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Links are in my signature. Use them. Also read the Wiki.
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Links are in my signature. Use them. Also read the Wiki.

Thanks for that link. How do I know which of the build is stable on Asus RT-N13U B1? I don't see that one in your signature. Can I assume that "Ralink: D-Link DIR-615 D2 ....... DD-WRT 27147 - K3.2.69" is the build I'm looking for since the Asus is also Ralink hardware? If so is that build found under

"betas/2015/06-01-2015-r27147/asus-rtn13ub1"

Sorry if this is asking basic questions. I did look at the wiki for this router and it does not mention anything about builds past 2011.

Thanks again for your help.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recommend to update to build 27378, that's stable.
Here it is: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/06-19-2015-r27378/asus-rtn13ub1/

First restore to factory defaults in the Management tab. Wait 3 minutes at least. Then update to 27378 (use the webflash bin file). Do it via cable and use Firefox.

After flashed, wait at least 3 minutes, don't rush the process. Then, restore to factory defaults again.

And report back...

Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 20:55    Post subject: Success on Asus RT-N13U B1 Reply with quote
Thank you @KrypteX for the instructions. Everything went quite well. I backed up my settings, reset as described, then uploaded the firmware you suggested. As might be obvious since I'm posting this, my router is back online and doing its thing without any problems.

Safe to assume that unless I post again, all's well with DD-WRT v3.0-r27378 (06/19/15) std build for this router.
Dorfus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. I'm using Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) std on my asus-rtn13ub1 since its release. Everything is working fine, but since there's a long time that it was released, do you recommend any other newer build?

Thanks in advance.
zntop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for sharing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 23 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: