Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N + dd-wrt?

mrbrdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 18:31    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N + dd-wrt? Reply with quote
I bought a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND. The router works fine with stock firmware, but with dd-wrt I had a lot of stability issues (with build 14... and build 18...), requiring a reboot every 1 or 2 days due to system freeze.

The other router I was looking at was Linksys WRT160NL, but I've seen bad reports about dd-wrt on this router as well.

I am looking to change my TP-Link for a router with better dd-wrt support (certainly I do not want to have to reset my router).

I am looking for something in the 50-65 EUR price range (Europe). I want Wireless N support.

Here is what I have available in my store in this price range (not sure if all support N):
Quote:
TP-Link TL-WA901ND
Level One WBR-6011, WBR-6022, WBR-6020, WBR-6801
Linksys E1500
Netgear JWNR2000
Asus RT-N13U
Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N
D-Link DSL-2741B

I've seen positive feedback on Asus RT-N16, however it's a bit out of my price range, I am wondering if RT-N13U is comparable in stability and performance. I am worried since it does not have external antennas.

The most important things for me are good dd-wrt support (stability!), good range/signal quality, if possible also good hardware specs. (RAM, CPU...).

Last edited by mrbrdo on Fri Feb 17, 2012 16:25; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
mrbrdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right now, I am leaning towards Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N. Any comments on this model?
PrimPast
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
info here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=87868
Prevok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not own the WHR-HP-G300N, but I do own the WZR-HP-AG300H and the WZR-HP-G450H. So far both routers are pretty good. The only drawback for me is that the Buffalo routers seem to have is a tad limited wireless coverage. Most review I saw or comment from forums seems to point out that problem, but I do not know if it is the case on the WHR-HP-G300N.

I cannot say that I am particularly impressed with Buffalo support, it simply does not exist, but as long as the router has community build support (which is the case) you should be good to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: