TP-Link WDR4300 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Ninestar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
If the Client side ath0 of my WNDR3800 disconnects from Host AP, the VAP ath0.1 is still broadcasting as if nothing happened and I can still connect with my laptop to it. I just don't have internet, that's all.

In your case, something else is happening: if the VAP dies when the Client side disconnects, I would say that it might be the entire radio that dies/freezes/locks up, etc.

Did you try newest build 26138 ?

Thank you for the response and letting me know this was not expected behavior. I just tried 26138 and it caused the router to stop working. It would just reboot continuously. The only way to save it was to flash via TFTP recovery and flash an older firmware. The VAP behavior did not change with the older firmware. I tried a few firmwares, going back to June of 2014, they all seem to do the same thing. VAP dies when the AP connection dies. The SSID stops broadcasting. Perhaps it's just a limitation of the platform.

EDIT: 26081 also caused the endless reboot cycle. Better avoid that one, too. Even going back to build 21061 the VAP dies when the AP does.
Sponsor
Christoph3r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm trying out this router (just bought it the other day, but, might return it as TP-Link claimed that it has QOS, but it actually does not).

I have not tried DD-WRT yet and was thinking to - but - I'm concerned when I see that they have released several new versions of DD-WRT for this router which "brick" it.

I'm a little confused - why would they release a new version without testing it first?

edit: I mean firmwares that are specifically listed as being for this particular model.

Last edited by Christoph3r on Sun Mar 08, 2015 14:26; edited 1 time in total
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Christoph3r wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying out this router (just bought it the other day, but, might return it as TP-Link claimed that it has QOS, but it actually does not).

I have not tried DD-WRT yet and was thinking to - but - I'm concerned when I see that they have released several new versions of DD-WRT for this router which "brick" it.

I'm a little confused - why would they release a new version without testing it first?

Would you be able to physically "test" 200+ models, with every new build ? I don't think so. So take it or leave it. If you want to be sure and filter out the "wrong builds", first check the supported devices http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices , then the recent changelog http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279466 and then, if still not confident, ask on this forum - you'll get a helpful answer for sure.

ennzo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:27    Post subject: LAN PORTS NOT WORKING ( cannot access router 192.168.1.1) Reply with quote
After flashing to DDWRT I cannot access my router 192.168.1.1 using LAN. However i was able to access it using WIFI. I tried connecting a laptop on the lan ports and all the 4 are not working. Please HELP
consoleman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using a TL-WDR4300 with 26446 and still have the problem with an erased USB drive after reboot.
I can access it via FTP, write and read all good but it gets deleted after daily reboot.

Is there a solution?
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi consoleman, under Services, NAS, File Sharing, did you Add Share and use the correct path for the USB drive and not /mnt as /mnt is a directory under /tmp and its content will be lost after reboot. Also make sure when you Add User, you select Access Shares and ftp.
consoleman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
How to find out the correct path?
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi consoleman, see below a typical setup for ftp for your reference:
devhen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
So are the latest builds working on the WDR4300 again or are they still bricking it?
Ninestar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running 26490 without issue on a WDR4300 v1.3. I recall reading similar success on v1.1 and v1.7 models.
devhen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ninestar wrote:
I'm running 26490 without issue on a WDR4300 v1.3. I recall reading similar success on v1.1 and v1.7 models.

Nice. Thanks!
chrono32123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ninestar wrote:

Is there a benefit to updating to this build? I'm usually all for updating firmware when possible but I don't tend to do it with dd-wrt because I never know if it's safe or not. I've been a lurker here forever and followed this post a bit but I'm still sketchy on updating to any newer build.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think latest build 26622 is one of the best, lots of recent fixes... see the changelog in my signature.
bearbro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I think latest build 26622 is one of the best, lots of recent fixes... see the changelog in my signature.

i agree its most stable yet
dportela
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just installed build 26622 onto my TL-WDR4300 tonight, and it's working great so far. Has anyone successfully been able to upgrade the antennas with a dual-band alternative to the ones provided from the factory? TP-LINK doesn't sell them and I've heard mixed reports about antennas from other companies.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 25 of 49
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: