Meinung zum TL-WDR4900 (N900 Wireles Dual Gigabit Router) ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC basierende Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
FlyHigh wrote:
Thank you very much BrainSlayer !

Could you add the router to your database?

I'am a bit of a beginner. But where can I find the necessary files to change the original firmware of this router to the DD-WRT firmware? Question
Sponsor
FlyHigh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
fleshi wrote:
I'am a bit of a beginner. But where can I find the necessary files to change the original firmware of this router to the DD-WRT firmware? Question

Brainslayer has given the file "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" in : this post !

The data base is : here !

Wink
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
FlyHigh wrote:
fleshi wrote:

Brainslayer has given the file "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" in : this post !

The data base is : here !

Wink

Thanks I didn't know you needed to be logged in to see the download button. Very Happy
ameyvlaud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:35    Post subject: Trouble installing on WDR4900 Reply with quote
Hello BrainSlayer,

I downloaded the file posted on the forum for TP-LINK WDR4900 (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=25127) and tried installing it via the TP-LINK admin page. I've also tried following the process of 30/30/30 reset just to be sure. However I get an error "Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name."

Is there an 'initial' version that I have to download before I install this version?

The HW and firmware details are as follows:
Firmware Version:
3.13.2 Build 121211 Rel.59170n
Hardware Version:
WDR4900 v1 00000000

Your assistance is appreciated. Thanks
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I downloaded the DD-WRT firmware to my router and it worked fine Very Happy

Now is was making a bridge into the software of the router. And I needed to reboot the router, since then there is something wrong. The wifi signal of the router is visible on the network and I can connect to it but then it doesn't connect to the internet. I also can't change the settings anymore because I can't connect to the GUI anymore. I think I messed up something with IP address.

I already tried a hard reset but it doesn't change anything on the router. Even the name of the Wifi network stays the same. Can anyone of you help me??? Or did I bricked the router?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 21:21    Post subject: Re: Trouble installing on WDR4900 Reply with quote
ameyvlaud wrote:
Hello BrainSlayer,

I downloaded the file posted on the forum for TP-LINK WDR4900 (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=25127) and tried installing it via the TP-LINK admin page. I've also tried following the process of 30/30/30 reset just to be sure. However I get an error "Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name."

Is there an 'initial' version that I have to download before I install this version?

The HW and firmware details are as follows:
Firmware Version:
3.13.2 Build 121211 Rel.59170n
Hardware Version:
WDR4900 v1 00000000

Your assistance is appreciated. Thanks

i hope you used the factory-to-ddwrt.bin image. everything else will fail if you install it the first time

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
fleshi wrote:

Now is was making a bridge into the software of the router. And I needed to reboot the router, since then there is something wrong. The wifi signal of the router is visible on the network and I can connect to it but then it doesn't connect to the internet. I also can't change the settings anymore because I can't connect to the GUI anymore. I think I messed up something with IP address.

I already tried a hard reset but it doesn't change anything on the router. Even the name of the Wifi network stays the same. Can anyone of you help me??? Or did I bricked the router?

you usually didnt bricked it since the network is still visible. did you try to use a static ip? if you play with bridges you maybe created a network conflict. 2 devices are sharing the same ip or something like that. this is a common reason for getting strange behaviour
on the very first versions i posted the reset button wasnt working. this has been resolved in later versions. i dont remember which one i placed here

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
this here is the latest one which has been tested on my router

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the response to my earlier posting and for these updates. I've now been able to install both binary images without any issues - thanks!

BrainSlayer wrote:
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
fleshi wrote:

you usually didnt bricked it since the network is still visible. did you try to use a static ip? if you play with bridges you maybe created a network conflict. 2 devices are sharing the same ip or something like that. this is a common reason for getting strange behaviour
on the very first versions i posted the reset button wasnt working. this has been resolved in later versions. i dont remember which one i placed here

Thanks for your response!

I think I downloaded the version where the reset button doesn't work. Sad

I think that I created a network conflict. So if I understand you correctly, then I need to unplug all my network devices from my network and then hopefully I can login....
shaj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

Thank you for this!!

Sorry for the noob question but what is the difference between the two files? Question

Edit: Googled and found the answer! Thank you! Very Happy
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
fleshi wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
fleshi wrote:

Thanks for your response!

I think I downloaded the version where the reset button doesn't work. Sad

I think that I created a network conflict. So if I understand you correctly, then I need to unplug all my network devices from my network and then hopefully I can login....

So I checked my network and I found out that my router now has two IP addresses 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.3 I tried both addresses to login but unfortunantly it didn't work... I am sorry to ask but are there still any other options. Or did I really messed up the router with creating a bridge.

Before the problem with my router started I was following this tutorial to create a guest network: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont know what you configured so its hard to give you some tipps. for me it sounds like a typical loopback. if you created a client bridge / wds sta. first. switch off your access point. so separate everything you can from the device.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello,

@brainslayer
at first thank you for your builds :)

i find out an "strange" behavior amd iam able to reproduce it.

my hw version: TP-Link WDR4900 V1.3 eu

"sometimes" (about 50 to 70% of time) when i change a setting (eg. wan ip static / wan ip dhcp / wlan ssid change / wlan wpa 2 personal - tkip key change..) the router "reboots" (or act like it reboots -> the led's flashing like it boots).

but the router seem to crash and end all lan connectivity.
the wlan's (2,4/5 GHz) still seems to exist but you cannot connect any more.

if i hit the powerbutton twice or put out and replug the powerplug -> the router isn accessible anymore only the wlans came up but its impossible to connect.

pushing the reset button or booting the device with pushed reset button did not work -> same behavior.

if i push the power button and unplug the ethernet cable from wan port and then push the power button again it boots and is accessible via lan/wlan.

if i put then the ethernet cable into wan port it works again till i change someting (like above).

but if i reboot (via menu or config change) the router again with plugged-in ethernet cable in wan port, it can not access the router.

.) i checked dmesg and did not find something special.
.) /tmp/var/log/messages and /var/log/messages are empty

.) at home i do not have a syslog running

and i have not testet to install syslog on usb key via dd-wrt.

my config consist only of the following (if you think about some wds/briding/vlan "special" config):

static wan ip 192.168.19.x (the router is behind an other router because i dont trust big providers and i need a better wlan signal)

lan ip 192.168.xxx.x

dhcp 192.168.xxx.xx - 192.168.xxx.xxx

5ghz
ssid XYZ 5ghz
wpa 2 personal with some 20 keylenght password

2,4ghz
ssid XYZ
wpa 2 personal with some 20 keylenght password

and thats it.

nothing special, no vlan, no wds, no extra bridges,... nothing only a really basic config at the moment.

I use only Cat6a sstp cables (none of them will be older than 6 months).
My main workstation is directly connected to this router by cable without any other active device in between (router/switch/ap/fw/...).

I have about 10 to 15 active wlan devices and at the moment about 5 hosts via cable in use in this lan at home.

if i change this router back to my old 54gl no problems, if i change to my asa5505/fortigate 60/rv80 or any other of my firewalls/routers everything works.

my switches (for my other netsegments) are 1 to 3 months old (i replaced my powerhungry cisco/hp switches with them)and they work like a charm.

i see no problem outside the router (after i flashed dd-wrt i got this behavior).

The original tp-link "firmware" worked well enough, but iam a fan of dd-wrt since years and therefore i changed today to dd-wrt.

can you please give me a hint, so that i can find out more about this "strange behavior"/error?

tia
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
serial log?
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: