Separate networks on WHR-HP-G300N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
DM|ZE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 18:06    Post subject: Separate networks on WHR-HP-G300N Reply with quote
I've have been working on this for days now combing the forums and internet and I have tried multiple configurations without success. Here is what I am trying to do. I would like one of the LAN ports to be on a different network that can't touch or be touched by the other. I also want to have 3 WLANs; 1 that can touch the rest of the network and the other two that are separate of everything. I haven't even started on the WLAN issue because I can't get the wired port issues worked out.

I can go in and set the NVRAM variables to separate one port into VLAN2 and I guess that is working but I don't see anyway to tell. I'm really getting stuck on having a separate DHCP range for the two wired VLANS. I've followed a number of the forum posts of how to use DNSMasq options and such but none of them work. A weird side note the default DHCP service seems to give out addresses out of order? Is that normal?

I also want to use iptables to restrict VLAN2 access to just internet. All of the posts I've seen on this make it seem easy but when I've finished doing this I can still ping between the two VLANS?

I have a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N running DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US (05/25/11) std - build 17135 (stock).

Any insight would be very appreciated. I am comfortable with command line and linux commands but this is a bit above my knowledge set. I'm interested in learning more about this though. Once I have the wired ports provisioned the way I want I will start working on the WLAN issues.

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgrade to the latest firmware buffalo has?

Just downloaded and installed the latest buffalo version of DD-WRT. I will test it out using the methods I've tried before and post back results when I have them.

Thanks
DM|ZE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I've upgraded to DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (06/03/12) std - build 19154 from buffalo tech but it still doesn't work. I've seen some things that state atheros based routers don't support this? Can someone confirm this? I don't want to keep wasting my time with this if it's just not possible. If it is possible I will post what my config is setup like right now to continue troubleshooting this.

Thanks
DM|ZE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone confirm what I'm trying to do will work on Atheros based routers? I don't want to waste my time and I have an Asus RT-12 that is Broadcom based that I could probably work on. I'd rather use the buffalo though if possible.

Thanks[/code]
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're talking about port based VLANs, no - Atheros with dd-wrt doesn't support this. Broadcom units with dd-wrt do support this, so you'd do better to try VLANs with your RT-N12 than with the buffalo unit.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
DM|ZE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, that is what I wanted to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: