Buffalo wzr-g300n and V24 Rc6.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
darkfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:04    Post subject: Buffalo wzr-g300n and V24 Rc6.2 Reply with quote
I have many problems with a buffalo router wzr-g300n with the last version of v24 rc6.2:

- Wireless Channel not changing in front page and only channel 1 appears to be working
-Many loose of ping in Wds mode with no security (10%, and other ping beetwen 2 and 4ms)
- Loose of ping connected directly to the router in wireless mode
- In Mixed mode and Wds have have very poor result and many loose of ping
- Only one led working in front router

Any sugestions about this? what is the best firmware for the wzr-g300n and wds?

Not very happy with the V24... Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
have u done a hardware resset after flaaching???!!!! do so!!
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, i make a hard reset and after it with default ip i have the sames pb and i see another things:

- I have ping timeout (3 -4%) connected directly in wireless mode to the router (Wds disable), 2 meters of the router
- i don't have ping timeout connected directly to the router in cable
- The default channel in wireless configuration pages set to "6" but in default page i have "8"
- I change the channel to "9" and in the front page after a reboot i have channel "1"
- If i try a ping i have timeout
- If i change the channel to all other, i have channel 1 in front page
- If i change chanel to 1, all work fine, no more ping timeout

so i asume, the only working channel is the 1, if i change to another in wireless configuration page, i can connect, but i have ping timeout

-In channel 1 and WDS i have ping timeout, WDS with no security

-leds in front router not working (only power led and DIAG led working)

any other sugestions?
AzuraelX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
NVRAM erase doesn't help.

I had this problem with the router stuck on Channel 1 (also have a WZR-G300N) - it is workable though, with the latest Eko builds (don't know about earlier ones, since I only recently discovered this hack), channel selection works if you set the router to N-Only mode, apply settings, change to 20MHz mode apply settings, then change the channel, then apply settings again, and after that you can set it back to the way you want it and channel selection will continue to work from there on.

DD-WRT is quite frustrating on Draft-N devices, and nobody seems to want to fix the bugs, and due to the broken decrypted firmwares, we can't even flash back to the stock Buffalo firmware, but at least we can work round the bugs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the turn around AzuraelX, is working with V24 rc6.2.

I can now change the channel, but i continu to have ping loose in wireless mode (without WDS and security). so i try to put the EKO build, ver 8790 and now i have a very stange behavior:

-In default web page i have "UKNOWN" in channel number and rate.
-When i go to wireless configuration page i don't have any more the N-only mode, only the G,b and mixed, but in front page i have the good router in Router Model (WZR-G300N)

so, now with EKO build i can't apply your turn around because i can't chose the N-only mode.

Any other sugestion?
What eko build do you install?
Do you have ping loose in Wireless mode?

Many thanks.
darkfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I find a way to have N-onlye in eko build, i have to do:

-Flash wzr-g300n with V24 rc6.2 mini
-Change wireless mode to N-only
- Flash router with eko build

after that i have the N-only mode in wireless configuration page, but wireless is always in off mode:

-In front page i have "Radio: Radio is off", wireless appears not working, if i change mode, or put wireless off and after on in wireless configuration page, i continu having "Radio is off" in front page, and wireless appears to be desactivated.
^dev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
darkfly
did you ever get the led issue worked out? I have the same problem the power and diag work
darkfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes ^dev, i have the same issue, the led don´t work, only power and diag.

Do you have problem in wireless mode?

What version of ddwrt do you have?

Thkx.
^dev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes darkfly I am having the same issues as you with the led and wireless mode. Eko was trying to help me with the led issue But I couldnt get it resolved. right now I am using ekos 8785 nokaid build . I hope in the future we can get these issues worked out . I am almost tempted to try a Kamikaze build. I dont know about you But having only the power led annoys the hell out of me.
^dev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
last night I upgraded to

Firmware VersionDD-WRT v24 RC-6 (01/18/0Cool std - build 8790M Eko

Now all this applies to me

- I have ping timeout (3 -4%) connected directly in wireless mode to the router (Wds disable), 2 meters of the router
- i don't have ping timeout connected directly to the router in cable
- The default channel in wireless configuration pages set to "6" but in default page i have "8"
- I change the channel to "9" and in the front page after a reboot i have channel "1"
- If i try a ping i have timeout
- If i change the channel to all other, i have channel 1 in front page
- If i change chanel to 1, all work fine, no more ping timeout
darkfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I search in forum a way to put back the orginal firmware, but in the posts i see is not possible to return to original firmware, do you have a solution to put back the original firmware?

Anyone with a dd-wrt firmware working with Buffalo N routers? what is the version of the firmware?

Any futur solution about this problem? maiby in the next release? because this is a major issue, the router is not funcional with the dd-wrt firmware....
BIGgameO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:40    Post subject: Firmware: DD-WRT v24 RC-6 (01/02/08) std Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have been up and running on this firmware for about two months now. Initially I had problems with the earlier versions of dd-wrt whereas they would not allow the wzr-300n to connect to the internet. However, once I installed v24 RC-6 that problem was resolved. I am using wds mode and have four devices connected wirelessly.

I am along with everyone else having the problem whereas I cannot revert back to the original buffalo firmware nor do I have the wireless lamp working.

Hope this helps...

Game in Tokyo
^dev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
darkfly wrote:
I search in forum a way to put back the orginal firmware, but in the posts i see is not possible to return to original firmware, do you have a solution to put back the original firmware?

Anyone with a dd-wrt firmware working with Buffalo N routers? what is the version of the firmware?

Any futur solution about this problem? maiby in the next release? because this is a major issue, the router is not funcional with the dd-wrt firmware....

cant we use the wzr-g300n.bin in the buffalo factory revert ? here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/downloads.html
darkfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I already try the bin revert factory firmware, and is not working.

I see in other topics the same problem to revert to factory:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22600&highlight=revert+factory+buffalo

actualy is not possible to revert to factory firmware...

BIGgameO, you use the official V24 Rc6 or a eko build??
BIGgameO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darkfly,

I am using the official V24 Rc6 build. Recently I have been having problems. Still connected and working, but slight problems...

I live in Japan and have my wireless network setup as WDS using the WZR-G144N (as the main router) and the WHR-HP-G. Well, initially I had the WHR-HP-G setup as my main and the signal throughout the house was ok, but while out at an electronics store one night I ran across the WZR-G144N and decided to pick it up and try to expand my range. Well, setting the router up was a little bit of a pain mainly due to my having to find the proper working version of dd-wrt. Once I got that it was pretty easy to setup WDS mode between the two routers. I ran into the problem of having only power and diag led display after flashing the router, but since it worked thought no big deal because it was working. Speed jumped a bit also.

On my network I have two laptops that I connect wireless and my WHR-HP-G (which has a slingbox and Avel Linkplayer2 connected via lan cable) and a Buffalo Ethernet Converter (which I love by the way, connects to a second Avel Linkplayer2 via lan cable). I have two desktops connected directly via lan cable to the WZR-G144N. One of the desktops is used for torrents and the other is used for mail and net mainly.

Up until about a week and a half ago everything was working fine for about a month or so, but lately it's been sporadic. Recently if I am near the WHR-HP-G and want to connect to it via wireless connection with my iPod touch or laptop I need to unplug and plug in again the router in order to get a connection to the net. Well, since I only use this connection like once maybe twice a week I didn't mind, but yesterday my entire network went down. I use logmein to connect from the office and noticed yesterday that either I had a power outage at home or MS had applied an update and it shut down my pcs and didn't reboot them properly. Not until I got home did I find out the real problem was that I had lost my internet connection on my main router the WZR-G144N. Unplugging and plugging it back in again solved the problem.

I am not sure if the problems were the cause of my torrent pc or what, but actually lately I haven't been downloading much so there shouldn't have been a problem with the memory getting full. Actually I have noticed that the memory on this baby seldom does get up to 10% usage. My old Linksys WRT54G v1.021 used to get up to 85% usage on a constant basis...

I don't modify the router settings much just install dd-wrt and input my connection and device settings and that is about it. If anyone has suggestions for tweaks or such I am open.

I really hope there is a new firmware out for this router soon. Or at least a way to revert it back to original buffalo firmware. I read one thread where a guy said that you could upload the original firmware back to the router by using a hex editor to modify the original firmware file. Reading the poster's instructions and looking at my firmware via the hex editor I did not find the information that needed to be deleted so gave up. Maybe I will have a look again over the weekend.

Hopes this helps...

Game in Tokyo
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: