What version of tl-wdr3600-webflash.bin to flash WDR3600?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
fatum2002
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 19:24    Post subject: How stable is VPN on wdr3600? Reply with quote
Hello guys.

I have wdr3600 as well.
My speed on a stock firmware:

On the dd-wrt firmware:

After reading this post I understood that it cannot be better.

I also wanted to setup a VPN server on the router to access my network when I'm out of the country and do not keep PC running.
It seems that the maximum speed I will get via VPN is about 10Mb?
Slow, but still better than nothing.
Could anyone who run VPN on this router comment on how stable it is? If I understood correctly running VPN on a router consumes a lot of its CPU - will not it lead to overheating or something?
Can I relay on this router running VPN for months, for example?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been having issues with speed myself. Directly connected to the modem can be up to 2x as fast as going through the router. I'm not using any sort of VPN at all.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT does only software WAN-to-LAN NAT. Depending on the router's CPU power, it can do anywhere between 100-250 Mb/s max.

Stock firmware often has hardware NAT implemented and can reach up to 900 Mb/s... depending on the router's processing capability.

rangaerode
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:24    Post subject: WDR3600 V1.2 Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a WDR3600 V1.2(Blue LED). Can I change to firmware to version 25648 ? Currently I'm running the stock firmware. What is the advisable firmware which I can run on V1.2 ?
Jack82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
27506 is OK.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: