TP-LinkTL-WR841N v10

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
sonyscribe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will do that after work(in about 3-4hrs from now). What I can tell from here is, that the Site Survey function is working like the Wireless AP. With lowered RX power - it finds only the APs, that are very close to my Router. 4-5 instead of the 20-30 that are normally receivable at my location.
Sponsor
chetansha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
That's not the file you should use when going from factory-to-ddwrt. Use the modded file that I provided a few posts back, see the attached file in http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=990081#990081 Haven't you noticed it ?
It's called factory-to-ddwrt_27506_WR841NDv10.bin

Ooh sorry i was not logged on, hence i could not see the attachment. I will try it now revert
sonyscribe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, so I did all the settings You wrote. Country set to Canada, TX Power to 24, channel to 6+lower and network conf to NG-Mixed. The signal power is the same as before(p.s. I rebooted the router after the screenshot just to check, but no change).The GUI shows 21dBm - the maximum that the router supports according to various posts in the forum. When i lowered the power to test, it decreased and the GUI showed the correct levels that i have set. I used chan 8+12 before, because those channels are free at my neighbourhood. The 3 connected devices are the Laptop(at HT40) and two Android Cellphones. The one with the "28:E3.." is in the same room the router is - 5,6 meters from it, and the other is one wall apart.

http://s6.postimg.org/55ldcudsx/last_conf.jpg
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
@sonyscribe
OK, that looks good. We'll have to wait for the next official WR841NDv9 build, that fixes the WiFi issues on the QCA9533 v2 CPU used in WR841NDv10, as I already mentioned before. This is the commit that fixes this special v2 CPU: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/28076
You will simply have to update with the official WR841NDv9 webflash build.

sonyscribe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good news, thank You! Will wait for the next build. Smile

p.s. I tested the last available build (28072) on the v10 and it works well(except the WiFi power), but reverted to the stable 27506 until an update as You said.
Merkuri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey.

Just wanted to say thanks to KrypteX for supporting v10 of this router. Will wait for further updates, currently having wifi issues.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28112 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR841ND v9, so that it will flash on a TL-WR841ND v10 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-28112 webflash build for TL-WR841ND v9.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Note: You must be logged in to see the attached file.

Last edited by KrypteX on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:13; edited 1 time in total
sonyscribe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I confirm that in the new build r28112, the wireless issue is fixed. Thank you for the support! I hope that this will become official for the v10, as for now we use the v9 fw file. Wink
mopszsz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:52    Post subject: big thx - works like charm Reply with quote
thx - you saved me a day or two Smile
mopszsz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 17:19    Post subject: switch / routing Problem with tl-wr841n on wired ports Reply with quote
Hi, i am sorry if i do this post on the wrong place, but i wonder if i am to dumb or if the tl-wr841n v10 has a (dd-wrt) problem with the integrated switch.

i have a network-sitation like this and want to achive that goals. but i want also connect wired devices to the secondary router - which is the tl-wr841n v10.

http://lab.stefanoperna.it/tutorial-2/networking/linking-dd-wrt-routers-with-dhcp-forwarder-option/

Wirelss AP works fine, the one swirch port that connects secondary and primary router seems to work fine .but i have problems with 3 of the remaining 4 wired switch ports:

the (switch) working wired port is the "wan" port, because i switched the wan completly off and took the option "assign wan port to switch" after the 3 other (lan) ports do not work, no matter what i do. e.g. DHCP Forwarder on / off, gateway / router mode, DHCP on / off.

from my point of view, the configuration in the link above is the right thing to do .. but .. does not work on this router modell. ip of primary router is 192.168.0.1 , secondary is 192.168.0.240 .

what i found out - its not a dhcp forwarding problem. i did a manual configuration of the network settings @ the client, but still could not connect. i seems that the remaining 3 wired switch ports have no connection anywhere. cant ping / see anything.

update: tested on a v9 and on a v10 - same problems on both models

anybody one more suggestion / idea?
could anybody try out if his switch behaves similar?
big thx
regards
mopszsz
simbao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

I am new to this DD-WRT so sorry if its explained somewhere. I want to use wireless bridging a TP link WR841N router and I got the v10 so obviously found this page.

I am trying to understand which is the other file that I need along with your new custom file that has been created? I cannot seem to find it on this site.
I downloaded factory-to-ddwrt_28112_WR841NDv10.bin from this post above but I also need the web flash file I believe? Which one is it, the latest one for this router seems to be tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin - 11-02-2015-r28072, is it ok to use that one ?

thanks
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
You use factory-to-ddwrt only once when you go from factory firmware to DD-WRT. Then, for any future DD-WRT to DD-WRT updates, you must use a webflash file. All builds can be found here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/
The Router Database is outdated, forget about it.

htheod
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a problem with my browser viewing the v10 file and could not see the post with the link above. I downloaded it and it works great.

Thank you
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:07    Post subject: wheres the link krptx???/ Reply with quote
please tell me where is direct link for ddwrt 28122 wr841nv10. hope you replay soon.
regards
Rolling Eyes
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:11    Post subject: Re: wheres the link krptx???/ Reply with quote
ciscodlink wrote:
please tell me where is direct link for ddwrt 28122 wr841nv10. hope you replay soon.
regards
Rolling Eyes

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: