How to limit bandwidth to wireless clients?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Rosco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:33    Post subject: How to limit bandwidth to wireless clients? Reply with quote
I have a WRT54GL v 1.1 running Firmware: DD-WRT v24 RC-3 (09/13/07) std. I would like to dedicate 1 mbps down and 150 kbps up for the wireless clients on my router to use. Basically, I don't want any wireless client to be able to use more than 1 mbps down and 150 kbps up. I have tried different QoS Settings but have had little luck. What can I do to only allow wireless clients to use only 1mbps down and 150kbps up?

Anyone's suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is only possible with the special version. plz see the ddwrt shop
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I now have the Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/13/06) special. I have attached my QoS settings that I am using to this post. The feature doesn't seem to work though. The clients that I tested the downstream on did not seem to change even with the special max kbits option for their MAC Address... What does the "Default Bandwidth Level" option do??? For some odd reason it seems to me that the uplink and downlink are backwards. I tried setting my max upstream to the uplink and it applied it to my downstream speed. Someone, please... tell me how to get this straight.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

-Ross

qos1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.69 KB
 Viewed:  15376 Time(s)

qos1.JPG

kerzenanzuender
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you have a solution for this problem? I've the same problem.

Greets!
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
They're 'backwards' because you chose WLAN&LAN but you're still thinking relative to WAN. Choose WAN instead and they'll be in the order you expect.

The default bandwidth option is how much bandwidth to give anything not explicitly marked by other rules.

kerzenanzuender
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you mean, that I only choose WAN in QoS? That's also without any limit at the V24SP1 special.

One WRT54GL ist a Repeater-Bridge, he has the V24SP1special and the other WRT54GL is logged as client bridge in the repeater bridge. There are vWLANs at both also.

It is curious because the v24sp1 std (the free version) limit the down bandwith without any problems in QoS. But the up-rate dosn't work.

best regards
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
kerzenanzuender wrote:
One WRT54GL ist a Repeater-Bridge, he has the V24SP1special and the other WRT54GL is logged as client bridge in the repeater bridge.

If you bought the special edition, you should not have SP1. There is an upgrade available for customers in the customer forum.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
kerzenanzuender
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great idea, I've installed the V24SP2 special and it works over MAC great!

Special thanks!!!

EDIT:

It doesn't work! It's the same like the SP1.
I set my Bandwith at QoS under the QoS enable button but it isn't working? The download is ok but the upload is full speed.
Can you help me? What can I set that it works?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: