Sitecom WL-342 (rebadged Senao ESR-9752-SC) Support?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes. But i don't Know The gpio. Try to find it out using "gpio poll" its usually 10 or 11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
Yes. But i don't Know The gpio. Try to find it out using "gpio poll" its usually 10 or 11

In this case it's 0 (1 through 63 didn't change):
Quote:
root@DD-WRT:~# gpio poll 0
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
what state is pressed/unpressed?
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL, sorry about that:

01 is unpressed (default state)
00 is pressed
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
here are version with reset button support

web flashable image is included as well (if dd-wrt is already installed)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Webflash and resetbutton confifrmed working! Laughing

Nice work in such short time.
peter.verstappen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

Does this mean that I (as a "newby") now can safely use this version for my Sitecom 300N X3 (WL-342)? Just upgrade to this firmaware with the standard "firmware upgrade procedure" of the Sitecom?

Where can I find this on the website? And what "description" to look for?

Thanx,

Peter.
GraveR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
peter.verstappen wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

Does this mean that I (as a "newby") now can safely use this version for my Sitecom 300N X3 (WL-342)? Just upgrade to this firmaware with the standard "firmware upgrade procedure" of the Sitecom?

Where can I find this on the website? And what "description" to look for?

Thanx,

Peter.

No, you can't. Senao, in their infinite wisdom, decided to encrypt their firmware. I used a serial console and TFTP-server to upgrade to DD-WRT.
GraveR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
However I'm not too sure now. In the GPL-sources I found the application to convert regular images to their 'special' format:
Quote:
header.x86 -s firmware.bin -d firmware.dlf -a -t "kernel"
MD5 check OK!
header: Return OK

I've attached the script and program (that comes with no source, unfortunately) to this post.
Quote:
usage: head [-h?] -h this help
-s Source file
-d Destination file
-a Auto set parameter
-t Type :
bootloader
kernel
kernelapp
apps
factoryapps :factory app
littleapps :backup application
appdata :application data
userconfig :configuration data
-v Version
-x Recovery MD5 file [-u Magickey]
-r Vendor ID
-p Product ID
-m Magic Key(32 bits)
GraveR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Christ-on-a-raft. This util (header.x86) can also be use to decrypt the dlf-files.

The header seems to be 192 bytes, after that the 'payload' follows.

The original firmware is split into 2 files: The kernel and apps.

For recovery purposes:
http://tweak-it.nl/wl341-342-decrypted/1.4_apps.sqsh
http://tweak-it.nl/wl341-342-decrypted/1.4_kernel.lzma
peter.verstappen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
GraveR wrote:
Christ-on-a-raft. This util (header.x86) can also be use to decrypt the dlf-files.

The header seems to be 192 bytes, after that the 'payload' follows.

I hope you forgive me for saying that this is "abracadabra" to me. However I mean to understand that you might have found an "opening" for being able to flash the firmware without "special tools"?

If not can you advise me if it would be "safe" for me to try? Or is the risk of "bricking the router" to high?
GraveR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
peter.verstappen wrote:

I hope you forgive me for saying that this is "abracadabra" to me. However I mean to understand that you might have found an "opening" for being able to flash the firmware without "special tools"?

If not can you advise me if it would be "safe" for me to try? Or is the risk of "bricking the router" to high?

It's mostly abracadabra for me too Wink. This info is mostly for BrainSlayer and his companions.

I managed to get the default Sitecom firmware back and am currently trying to find a way to upgrade to DD-WRT from the default firmware.

Bricking your router is always possible. Therefore I have a serial console hooked up to my router in case of an emergency. (As long as you don't destroy the bootloader you can unbrick things fairly easy with a serial console).
great
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
GraveR wrote:
peter.verstappen wrote:

It's mostly abracadabra for me too Wink. This info is mostly for BrainSlayer and his companions.

I managed to get the default Sitecom firmware back and am currently trying to find a way to upgrade to DD-WRT from the default firmware.

Bricking your router is always possible. Therefore I have a serial console hooked up to my router in case of an emergency. (As long as you don't destroy the bootloader you can unbrick things fairly easy with a serial console).

Hi,

Have you find a way to flash the router to DD-WRT from the original firmware?

I have a ESR9752 and i don't know how to upgrade to DD-WRT. Can you elucidate me?

Thanks
joefresco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 13:21    Post subject: Opinion of the router? Reply with quote
I know this is a bit offtopic, but I'm considering buying one of these routers, and I wondered if the router has much better range than typical. I've had good luck with one of Engeniuses USB wifi devices and thought perhaps this router would perform well as well. Any observations and opinions you have would be welcome. Thanks.
bitsmt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, that was disappointing. I tried to post and it failed. Guess I took to long to write out my ideas.

I've got serveral of these in inventory. Took one appart. Wow! Talk about efficiency.

That 13 solder points must be the location for serial connectivity. I'll need to figure out how to make it work with USB - don't have any serial computers at the moment.

If you could bless me with instructions on talking with this box, I'd so be greatful. The more I know about communicating with this unit, the more I can contribute. I see all sorts of possibilites.

Man, I see solder points for more RAM! Can't even imagine what this thing could do if the board was fully loaded.

GraveR wrote:
peter.verstappen wrote:

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: