giveio.sys problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
toxicen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:15    Post subject: giveio.sys problem Reply with quote
Hello! just want to start to say that i'm new here! And i have been searching true these forums and google'ing it for 3 hours and havent found any soulution.

The problem is i just bought a wrt54gl router and was going to install dd-wrt ofc i used the wrong version and now my router wont start, iv tried 30/30/30 and it didnt work. So now im trying Recovery by JTAG.
And when i try to load c:\windows\system32\drivers\giveio.sys
It says " An unexpected error occured "
Every file is in the right place. I only read an sulution for this on linux but i currently have no linux experience. Im currently running Windows 7.
Any help or if it leeds to full restore of my router i will gladly donate a reasonable ammount to there paypal account.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Before you start working with JTAG....have you tried to just reflash the correct version dd-wrt using tftp.exe utility.

Or...if you have a serial cable....try clearing the nvram and then reflash with tftp.exe.

as for the JTAG program and Win7....I have no experience. Does win7 allow you to run the loaddrv.exe program as legacy support. (right mouse click on the program and see if other options are available to you)....If I remember correctly....loaddrv.exe is a 16/32 bit program and Win7 is 64...it is probably some compatibility issue.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, and thanks for quick response. Yeah im running 64bit, iv tryed running it as admin and as diffrend other os like 2k xp vista etc no luck :/ I will try restoring it with tftp.exe now.

BTW the router is stuck in the power led blinking for ever. :)

Still offering 20£ to who can assist me to complete restore my router. Thanks in advance
toxicen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ohh yeah forgot to mention i can't ping router etc. So i cant restore true tftp
toxicen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
just a pick of the loader etc

loaddrv.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.44 KB
 Viewed:  14770 Time(s)

loaddrv.png

toxicen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay just to clerify i have no idea how to build or use JTAG cable. So that soultion is pretty mush out of the question. Any other ideas? =)
ReadtheAnnouncements!
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the announcements. Start with peacock, note 6. Ping responses sometimes vary depending on what you do. It is all explained there....

If you have no idea how to build or use a jtag cable, why were you trying to load giveio.sys?

Use a winXP computer.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54845
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043
(We'll wait....!) Wink
toxicen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
ReadtheAnnouncements! wrote:
Read the announcements. Start with peacock, note 6. Ping responses sometimes vary depending on what you do. It is all explained there....

If you have no idea how to build or use a jtag cable, why were you trying to load giveio.sys?

Use a winXP computer.

Hi thanks for the response, Yeah i dont really know. I kinda rushed everything pretty fast, and been up for 48 hours. Il look into it. And yes i know its totaly idiotic to rush these things.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
just an fyi... running win 7 (32 bit - x86) in xp mode (virtual machine environment), jtag works fine. I just tested.. I don't use it on a regular basis.

instead of using jtag in compatability mode on a 64 bit bachine, try xp mode.

Navigation

Jump to: