D-Link DIR-815

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
licenseless
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump...

got one of these about 8 months ago... and have been waiting...

any heads up
Sponsor
Sanberdino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:07    Post subject: Friendly bump for D-Link DIR-815 support Reply with quote
Got this DIR-815 last summer and seems to be a good device, plus it sells for a very reasonable price. I too would like to see support for this device.

Current firmware version is 1.01

Thank you!
Arnie-75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry if I highjack this thread. I consider buying this device but cannot find any info on the internet if it has some holes on it's back to allow wall mounting. Does it?
licenseless
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP CICLE

ser re esly

des needs ddwrt
wbrinsf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another gentle nudge.

This router is definitely not "New" anymore... so I'm guessing we're not likely to see dd-wrt for this box - ever. Would love to be proven wrong though Wink
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
do
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection
and then
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
What would the worst possible scenario be if i tried using the D-link Dir 825 ddwrt build on the 815...? BTW, someone has posted all the dir 815 info for over a year now, yet we do not know if its compatible or not, why is that...?
S1mon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would be very interested to have the compatible firmware for DIR-815 as well.

Thanks in advance!
themidnighter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
depends. normally we have to wait until we receive a hardware sample from the vendor or as donation by a user. then we can work on it. if its ralink based it normally just takes some days to get it working

Seriously, still nothing?
N2H29
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
What do the devs need to develop a compatible Firmware?Is it a Router?If its the only obtsacle this can be easily fix.
mattpatten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 18:08    Post subject: Come on whats the hold up Reply with quote
3 years and still nothing? what's the hold up?
MarcusVincent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:13    Post subject: I have this same router for 2 years now Reply with quote
is there a known compatibility issue with this router? I have with for 2 years now, I would consider buying a new one since we moved to a bigger house but still nothing for this?

Would the wifi range matter for it to run dd wrt? What I mean is, would the range of an existing wifi matter or will installing a dd wrt firmware just increase it anyway. Our current wifi range can't reach other rooms, will installing a dd wrt boost its range? Or do I need to buy a stock router that already has exceptional range?
Demaier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 21:14    Post subject: Still no support Reply with quote
It has been 3 years. This router is not new anymore. I have never used DD-WRT and I am not going to buy a new router just to use DD-WRT.There are clearly many other people who feel the same way or this thread would not have continued for 3 years. This is a wonderful router that is reasonably priced and very popular. Therefore it should be a priority to focus on making a firmware for this router or else you will lose many potential users.
squigish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can we please have an update on this? Do you still need someone to send in a hardware sample? Is there any other build that I could try flashing that might work? If it doesn't, could I recover with tftp?
wardrich
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would also love to see DD-WRT on this router. Mine's a load of garbage and has been giving me nothing but trouble. I had DD-WRT on another router a long time ago and it was absolutely fantastic. I'd love to see an update on this router as well.

It seems that there is no custom firmware in general for it, though, so maybe there's some sort of restriction that's preventing homebrew developers to improve it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: