DIR300/AR430W/AR335W-preSP2-testing-release

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
laserfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 15:12    Post subject: Client Bridge mode won't connect at all Reply with quote
I successfully connected my AR430W in Client Bridge mode to my wireless-G network with v24-sp1, but for unknown reasons would lose my gateway about every 15minutes (this post). So I re-flashed my firmware to sp2 Nov 2 and it doesn't connect at all:

1. Set-up for Client Bridge
2. Go to Status > Wireless, click Site Survey
3. See my wireless network (in new window), click Join
4. Get "successful" msg; click Continue
5. Original window Status > Wireless changes to Wireless Setup screen (!?)
6. Upon returned to Status > Wireless I see the site has NOT been joined

BTW my router is broadcasting on Channel 6 and Status shows DD-WRT listening on Channel 1. Any help?
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
set the client settings and ENCRYPTION by hand
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, but I think/believe I got that part right, in fact I tried it both WEP and no encryption.

I flashed to 021108 by using Admin in v24-sp1 and selecting the new ar430w-firmware.bin file, but now I note that there's a new/different linux.bin file in the sp2 directory with it. Did I flash improperly? I can't get-in to port 9000 with Putty anymore (it errors somehow & window closes) though I can telnet to port 23 and get to dd-wrt/root/admin. How might I start-over and reflash if putty to 192.168.1.1:9000 isn't working? Embarassed
thuytle99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried with later build 191108... no luck on AP Brigde... auto channel not working while have virtual wifi, also LAN could not auto getting IP from main router, rollback to V24-SP1 everything seen to work fine....
katapaltes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running v24-sp2 (11/19/08) std from the BrainSlayer download section on my AR430W. I set it up in Client Bridge to my WL-520GU running Tomato 1.22ND with WPA/AES. My desktop is the only client connected to the AR430W.

The setup is working, but I haven't really exercised it. I did leave it on overnight and the next morning the AR430W had lost its connection with the main AP. After several pings and browsing the admin interface on the AR430W for a minute or so, the connection came back to life.
-katapaltes
laserfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
katapaltes wrote:
The setup is working, but I haven't really exercised it. I did leave it on overnight and the next morning the AR430W had lost its connection with the main AP. After several pings and browsing the admin interface on the AR430W for a minute or so, the connection came back to life.

But...it's not "working" if it keeps losing its connection, which is the problem I've had with it.

Can't use DD-WRT in Client Bridge mode.
systm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Latest Build (19/11) seems to be a bit unstable with moderate P2P traffic, at least on the wireless, can't test wired. This is with less than 400 simultaneous connections =o (forces reboot)
katapaltes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I decided to test the v24-sp2 (11/19/08) std build a little more and moved the AR430W over to my entertainment system. With only one device (XBMC on my Xbox) "behind" the client bridge and streaming Futurama from a SMB share on my PC (not a high bit rate), the client bridge worked OK for several minutes and then the Xbox stopped. The same setup worked fine with DD-WRT on a Buffalo router in Client Bridge mode.
I have to say that if this router simply worked, it would be a whole lot less fun. :-D Fortunately for me, I have two rock-solid routers in place doing WDS for my "production" environment.
-katapaltes
thuytle99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there anyone know the main function of "udhcpc"? As well as the option as below... Many Thanks

udhcpc -i vlan1 -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
thuytle99 wrote:
Is there anyone know the main function of "udhcpc"? As well as the option as below... Many Thanks

udhcpc -i vlan1 -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc

i dont know it exacly and in to lazy to check but from my point of pinguin view its

Code:
udhcpc "useon" vlan1 "putpidto" /var/run/udhcpc.pid "settingsat" /tmp/udhcpc

thats it....

&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Sash... quick question can we try "svn" release on AR430W, if so which version should we?
deaftone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had v24-sp1 running smooth, then did a web upgrade to the v24-pre-sp2 (ar430w-firmware.bin). Set config, then decided to reset to defaults after noticing that jffs2 wouldn't work. After reseting to defaults it would not boot, my board and radio config are damaged/inexistent. If bdrestore does nothing in this case what am I left to do? I have a more detailed post with memory dumps here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=233007

Please, any help would be great!
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
then your image was corrupted.
reload ddwrt via redboot

&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash, believe me, I have been trying to explain this to you for the longest (when it comes to this problem), it has nothing to do with "read the instructions in the dl folder", that was done, and applied, countless nr of times. For about 3 other posts I've been saying that it won't take any firmware, not dd-wrt/original (both versions)/openwrt, this problem is due to a write fault (so called nuke) of the board/radio config in v24-pre-sp2.
johnc60
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not going to read everything. Were you able to restore your board config (per the post that you pointed to)?

What is this "write fault" that you speak of? Are you having issues with the flash write process when writing the DD-WRT software?

-John
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 49
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: