purchased key for routerstation, now what?

newvisionantenna
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:31    Post subject: purchased key for routerstation, now what? Reply with quote
The only reason I flashed with dd-wrt is due to the fact video models and uvc where not availabe in the package list on openwrt. I figured I would give dd-wrt a try. I flashed the firmware, which is working in trail mode. I went online and clicked on activation and purchased a key. That key arrived and I copied and pasted the info dd-wrt was telling me into the activation box in my account.

I clicked activate and all I get is "System Error, please contact the Administrator ". Did I purchase the wrong key? The website was not very helpful. I purchased the first key on the list. It didn't specify the routerstation exactly but neither did any of the others. Now I'm stuck with a trail dd-wrt setup and money spent on a key that will not activate it.
Sponsor
newvisionantenna
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got it, just tried to activate with no key and it of course failed. After it rebooted it showed a new key on the dd-wrt gui so i then copied the new one into the store section and it now activated.

Next up, trying to get jffs2 to allow usage.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
jffs is working...i tested it days ago
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes jffs2 is working but really doing me no good since the default ipkg source is down.

I'm also seeing that chillispot still is used instead of Coova. The biggest issue with chillispot is dns. No matter how you set it up it cannot resolve paypal fast everytime.

I've did the trick where you turn off all dsn and dnsmasq and leave 0.0.0.0 to pass along the proper dns to people connecting but still it has issues. I will say i'm very very impressed with dd-wrt and the ease of use on this. However, X-WRT has an easy to setup Hotspot tab that will setup Coova in Openwrt. I should probably post another topic but do you know of anyway I can install Coova Chilli on DD-wrt with say IPKG? I'm sure it's more complicated then simply importing the package from WhiteRussian.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
covachilli is on my todo for v.25
&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is awesome, posted another topic on this so I guess disregard for now. I downloaded the mips version of Coova and installed it with the ipkg command in the /jffs directory. It put all the files in folders there but I have no idea how I would tie that into the dd-wrt operating system and have it start up on boot. You think this could be possible now? If so I would be all over buying more keys for the routerstation but at this point I can't see spending money on the firmware if the main thing I need is still unstable. I'm familiar with openwrt and it runs Coova perfect and paypal has no issues but the ease of use and honesly the nvram setup on dd-wrt I really like.
newvisionantenna
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash,

Probably a strange question, but I'm over here in Germany and would like to talk to you or brain slayer if possible, would it be possible to call? I know, crazy question but just need to ask if some kind of arrangement with large amounts of keys could be made.

Thanks,

Aaron
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
btw BS did some changes in chillispot...you should give it a try in the next build
&
RTFM/STFW
&

Last edited by Sash on Tue May 12, 2009 6:00; edited 1 time in total
newvisionantenna
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will do that first thing tomorrow. If I download another build for the RouterStation will my key work on it just fine? I've had great success with chillispot on the WL500W with BS new build for broadcom/atheros, but one thing holding me up, autoap is not working and I'm certain it's due to the fact the build is 2.4 kernel, unlike the Routerstation 2.6 and FON. That's what that treebuey made it for, so that's a big hold up for me.

The current chillispot also works on the Routerstation pretty good, plus I've got it all figured out how you have to set settings for repeater mode.

If possible would still like to talk with you guys in private, not sure if a PM would work. I sent one before but not sure if you got it and for sure don't want to bug you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: