New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 27745 --- 2015/08/25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Reset button don't work with wndr3700v3 w/K3.x build either ... weird thing is you can hold it for about
30 seconds and let go makes all the lights flash but it does nothing else --- never interrupted my bridge.

The reset button daemon is turned off since commit 27665, see how it's commented out: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4800#comment:26

Sponsor
mystykmax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anyone else having occasional reboots with this build on an R7000? I wasn't getting these in 27734 as far as I can remember...I'd have uptimes of 7 or 8 days before fiddling and rebooting. Now I usually have at least one per day.
johnnyNobody999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: Linksys E4200
Firmware: dd-wrt.v24-27745_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e4200.bin
Kernel: Linux DD-WRT 3.10.87
Reset: No
Errors: had invalid dhcp leases even after turning off dhcp server and all dhcp clients other than the one i was testing with.

Last edited by johnnyNobody999 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 21:01; edited 1 time in total
jice78
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:22    Post subject: linksys E4200 Reply with quote
hi i'm beginner here and i don'tg really know if it's link to this build.

Router: E4200
FW: 21061 mini > 21061 mega > 27490 mega > 27745 mega

Upgrade process works, standard router works.

But i have an issue with the guest access creation.
The WL0 virtual interface is creating an incremented MAC for WL0.1 but it is then in conflict with WL1 MAC and the Guest SSID is not showing up in the air.

if i'm creating a virtual i/f on WL1 in 5Ghz the Guest SSID is working, but not every one has 5G so i would really like to get it on 2.4G.

thanks

Virtual if MAC conflict.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.83 KB
 Viewed:  5665 Time(s)

Virtual if MAC conflict.jpg

Drek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Firmware: r27745
Kernel: 3.0
Reset: na
Errors: Unable to download the firmware. The link appears to be broken... Smile

Drek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kernel: 3.0
Reset: 30/30/30 but reset button not working
Errors:

- USB 2.0 light on even though usb is disabled
- no USB 3.0 support
- neither wifi light is working
- WAN light is constantly on even when no WAN connection has been negotiated
- reset button is still not working--neither the soft reset or a 30/30/30 produced any results
- adding any Additional DNSMasq Options breaks the DNSMasq server, especially "cache-size=", I'm not sure about other options, but that one specifically renders DNSMasq unresponsive--I'm assuming it simply doesn't start.

Drek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I had known the reset button still wasn't working, I would never have flashed to this build. Without a functioning reset button you are just begging to turn your router into an expensive doorstop. Your average person doesn't have the tools or expertise to open up a router and make the modifications to the hardware necessary to unbrick a seriously bricked router, and this isn't a cheap router...
mystykmax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drek wrote:
If I had known the reset button still wasn't working, I would never have flashed to this build. Without a functioning reset button you are just begging to turn your router into an expensive doorstop. Your average person doesn't have the tools or expertise to open up a router and make the modifications to the hardware necessary to unbrick a seriously bricked router, and this isn't a cheap router...

I'm a little surprised a bug this simple to fix has not been fixed in 2 or three releases. Remove two forward slashes, done.
Drek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
mystykmax wrote:
Drek wrote:

I'm a little surprised a bug this simple to fix has not been fixed in 2 or three releases. Remove two forward slashes, done.

It's been more than two or three releases. I'm thinking it's at least half a dozen now...

ludacrisvp
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like they finally fixed it...

Quote:
Changed 3 days ago by xmikex01
Resolution set to fixed
Status changed from reopened to closed
Fixed as of changeset 27766 Smile

Now to wait for a new build to be released....

Regarding this build:

Router: Buffalo WXR-1900DHP
Firmware: Stock FW -> OpenWRT Trunk -> r24461-> v3.0-r27745 std
Kernel: Linux WXR-1900DHP 3.10.87 #4528 SMP Mon Aug 24 05:13:11 CEST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
Reset: Yes
Errors: Yes - unable to flash from factory to this build, 5Ghz doesn't show 3 channels when using VHT(40+40MHz) nor can you pick channels in this mode. Seeing a considerable amount of TX errors on both WiFi bands. (about 300 on each band in 7 days)

Unable to flash directly from stock firmware (this router does not come with DDWRT from factory) using the "factory-to-dd-wrt.bin" image for this router always failed to flash with 'invalid image'. Had to flash a trunk release of OpenWRT via TFTP from the CFE over TTL Serial cable then upgrade from OpenWRT to the older DDWRT release to this one.
ludacrisvp
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drek wrote:
- adding any Additional DNSMasq Options breaks the DNSMasq server, especially "cache-size=", I'm not sure about other options, but that one specifically renders DNSMasq unresponsive--I'm assuming it simply doesn't start.

It does start and die immediately... at some point they added cache size to the default options.
If you watch the exit codes you can see that it fails due to a bad configuration file and apparently dnsmasq doesn't like duplicate values (can't say I blame it) in the config. I spent probably an hour troubleshooting this a few days ago.

There is a hardcoded value of 1500 on cache size, having this value twice will cause dnsmasq to die and not restart.
javajix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: ASUS RT-AC87U
Kernel: Linux 3.10.87 #4535
Reset: none
Errors:
- 2,4Ghz led not working
- Internet Wan Led is purple
robkermit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:13    Post subject: WNDR3400v1 Reply with quote
Router Manufacturer: NETGEAR
Model: WNDR3400
Hardware Version: 1

Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r27745 mega (08/25/15)
Kernel Version: Linux 2.6.24.111 #26703 Tue Aug 25 01:17:08 CEST 2015 mips
Flash Image: dd-wrt.v24-27745_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin

Summary:
K3 Version of this firmware would not load into the router and caused it to brick (solid amber power light), despite being able to use previous K3 versions with this router. I will be happy to test the K3 version of the firmware if someone can lead me in the right direction to get it to properly load.

Problems found:
* Wireless-N light stays blue and never blinks when there is activity on the WL1 interface.
* Status>WAN>Traffic by Month has no statistics to show.

Both of the reported problems are not new and has been present with all versions of DD-WRT used on this router in the past 3 years.

Also, LAN port 1 color is amber instead of green (all others link green). I'm not sure what this means, exactly, or if it is intended to be this way.

Other than the problems reported, works great! Love the new cosmetic changes to the interface. I'll report any additional problems I discover to you guys!

Thanks for the great work.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drek wrote:
mystykmax wrote:
Drek wrote:

It's been more than two or three releases. I'm thinking it's at least half a dozen now...

The reset button is broken in builds 27700-27745. Next official build will have it fixed, thanks to http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/27766
ludacrisvp wrote:
Drek wrote:

It does start and die immediately... at some point they added cache size to the default options.
If you watch the exit codes you can see that it fails due to a bad configuration file and apparently dnsmasq doesn't like duplicate values (can't say I blame it) in the config. I spent probably an hour troubleshooting this a few days ago.

There is a hardcoded value of 1500 on cache size, having this value twice will cause dnsmasq to die and not restart.

Indeed, cache-size=1500 was added by Kong in http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/27064
So no need to add it again manually. But then again, you can't modify it from the default value 1500...

Drek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be nice if the cache size could be modified. I mean, I have all this memory, and nothing to put in it... Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: