TL-WR941ND router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
hellbound1988
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 22:58    Post subject: TL-WR941ND router Reply with quote
Hello there,

I have a TP-link TL-W941ND router. I have installed two router first one works fine but others not working. I guess its the problem with the TTL. Is there any way i can change the TTL of TP-link router?
Thanks
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
i would say u dont know what u r writing about.
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
i would say u dont know what u r writing about.

I m trying to change my routers default TTL thats it. Is it possible or not ??
erreterr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 23:22    Post subject: How to change TP link routers TTL? Reply with quote
I have recently problems with my PPPoE ISP provider that the pages don't load at all with any of the TP-Link routers. I was using TP link routers without problem like TL-WR542, TL-WR642, TL-WR741. and TL-WR941, but after this sudden change in ISP side they are not working. I found a guide on talkbroadband website here: http://www.talkbroadband.com/articles/49/1/Registry-Tweak-for-Windows2000%7B47%7DXP%7B47%7DNT:-Change-Your-Default-TTL to change TTL in Windows XP and immediately after changing the TTL now the router is working again. But I need to change routers TTL because I cannot change for every single PC manually the TTL (although I made a program that writes automatically and silently upon opening these values to Windows registry) and also I need to use the routers for mobile phones internet access and they don't have registry so that I can tweak their TTL default value.

Looking forward to hear a good answer
erreterr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any advice for me what to do?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nup nothing you can do, the TTL has to do with the return time to live response from the router's firmware or bootloader, are you sure your wanting to change TTL and not MTU?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
erreterr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have just found openwrt community and they got more usefull instructions and flashed my TP-LINK TL-WR941ND with "openwrt-ar71xx-tl-wr941nd-v2-squashfs-factory.bin": All went smoothly, but I am new to these things and I was trying to configure WAN port and then LAN ports I set DHCP and applied changes, but since then I was disconnected from the router and now I cannot access anymore the router. I tried resseting with reset button but doesn't work. Is it bricked now or what happened to router?

I need to setup internet with PPPoE, change MAC address of the WAN port and change TTL because my ISP is using TTL 129 for their network packets. Is there somebody to help me setup router this way?

Thanks in advance

@buddee yes I need to change TTL not the MTU, or maybe this Linux thngie makes itself those modifications and I didn't managed to try because the router is now blocked and my PC is not getting IPs from it, nor I can reset the router. How can I reset the router now? I am using Mikrotik currently and changed there TTL, but in this openwrt is unknown to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: