CAn't access NAS from mediaplayers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tinnef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 14:59    Post subject: CAn't access NAS from mediaplayers Reply with quote
I have a synology NAS, two PCH mediaplayers, and now a wndr3700 running dd-wrt (build 15704). The nas is wired,the players wireless. The problem I'm having is that I can't access the NAS from the players. They all get their assigned ip's, internet is ok, but the players don't seem to do any other network activity. It used to work fine with my previous router (d-link dir655) and with the netgear firmware (1.0.4.6Cool, only dd-wrt causes problems.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Last edited by tinnef on Sat Nov 13, 2010 22:42; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
read 1st:
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok,read it. Now what?
kevinx17910
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
so the problem is your media player cant see the nas or something?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:13    Post subject: wndr3700 wired and wireless not bridged? Reply with quote
Actually it seems stranger than that, I can't see anyhting on the network, other than the router, although internet seems to work.

When I connected my desktop, which is normally wired, through a wifi usb stick it had the exact same problems. Furthremore, the mediaplayer could access shares on the pc and vice versa.

I would say it looks like it that the wired and wireless networks of dd-wrt are not actually bridged.
kevinx17910
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
it is bridged since my setup is working perfectly.

Try resetting the router, then go wireless, advanced settings, and see if ap isolation is disabled and network configuration is bridged

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh of course, a major thing like this would not slip by in testing, i would think. But, the issue remains that for some reasonmy wireless and wired devices won't talk with each other.

The settings you mentioned are both correct. I have a clean install and changed only the basic wireless settings and security.
pigge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
you could try an interesting thing.. i noticed this yesterday on my mediaplayer connected to a WZR-HP-G300NH in client bridge mode with FW 15693, i couldn't connect to my NAS with smb or nfs from my mediaplayer so i started to trouble shoot, ping to the internet worked fine, netstat and ifconfig looked normal.. but when i tried to wget something from the internet i got a "network unreachable" message. this worked before i flashed my routers to 15693 but now it doesent, i can ssh to my mediaplayer from my laptop (laptop->router->client bridge->mediaplayer) and when i connect my mediaplayer with a TP to my 1:st router, wget works fine.. i have no idea of what might be wrong, but i'll troubleshoot it some more tonight
tinnef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure what it is you're suggesting to try - what is a TP?
Just for a laugh I tried to enable AP Isolation and disable the bridge (you never know), but no luck. What I did notice was that after a 30-30-30 and changing the wireless settings I can see the NAS, but only on SMB, not on NFS. After that first try it disappears, not to return until a reset.

Tonight I will try to check the logs to see if there's any clues in there. If not I'll just return to the stock firmware and try again in a few months. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
pigge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
my sugestion was to use a more "advanced" program like wget or lynx, and regarding TP i was refering to Twisted Pair (RJ45) or a "network cable", i guess it's not as common in english to call it "TP" in as it is in swedish :)
tinnef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally have it working after giving build 15778 a try. The problem still seems to occur when I use static dhcp assignments for my mediaplayers (it works fine for other devices), but I am perfectly happy with using dynamic ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: